CENTRE FOR FOUNDATION STUDIES
Leadership and Training Unit (LTU)
Centre for Foundation Studies
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Pahang Darul Makmur,Malaysia
Phone: +609 518 3400/2520
Registration & Scheduling Matters
Phone: +609 518 2520/2522/2528
Examination & Graduation Matters
Phone: +609 518 2524/2525/2519/2521
Office of the Deputy Dean Academic & Internationalisation (ODDAIL) Virtual Counter
Any matters related to CFS, please email
Leadership and Training Unit (LTU)
Head of LTU
ZAINUL ABIDIN IBRAHIM
Leadership and Training Unit (LTU) is a Unit under the purview of the Office of the Deputy Dean Student Affairs & Alumni. The Unit is responsible for creating awareness among students on their roles and functions as foundation students and future leaders. LTU encourage students’ active participation in co-curricular activities by utilizing platforms and services provided. The ultimate aims of the unit is to nurture students’ leadership potential and enhance students’ soft skills in various aspects. It is in line with the mission and vision of the University to produce holistic students.
Vision & Mission Statement
Leadership and Training Unit aims to develop holistic students of the Centre for Foundation Studies by providing efficient leadership and training programme at the same time provides professional advisory support for Co-curricular activities at the Centre.
LTU Main Objectives
- To provide professional assistance and services regarding student Co-curricular activities for CFS Students
- To become an effective platform in dissemination of information, policies and procedures to CFS Students
- To collaborate with Kulliyahs, centres, departments, institutes, and Offices for effective services and management of data regarding co-curricular activities
Leadership and Training Unit Annual Major Programmes
This department is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, anchoring and coordinating the Centre’s annual major programmes such as follows:
- Ta’aruf Programme – Registration and orientation week for new enroll students of the centre
- Nomination and selection of Student Coordination Committee (SCC)
- Management Course for Student Leaders (McLEAD) – a management and training course for office-bearers of all societies and clubs.
- Centre foundation Studies (CFS) Festival – a centralised programme that provides various opportunities for students at the Centre to organise events such as talks, forums, seminars, workshops, campaigns, exhibitions, entrepreneurship activities and concerts.
- Community Engagement Activities – a community service programme which integrates students into the society (domestically or internationally) with the aim of creating in awareness among CFS Students of their role as agents of change and development.
- Language Week – A programme that focus on creating awareness among students towards the usage of Arabic and English as medium for daily communication. At the same time promoting Language learning as tools that helps broaden personal, social, cultural and employment opportunities
Services provided by Leadership Training Unit CFS IIUM are as follow:
- Secretariat for submission and recommendation of Society/Club Programme Proposal (Advisory Support, checking and record keeping)
- Society/Club Programme Financial Report (Checking and record keeping)
- Society/Club Programme Report (Checking and record keeping)
- Co-Curriculum Transcript (STAR Point) of CFS students (Data management and record keeping)
To uphold the ‘Mission and Vision of IIUM” in all students’ activities.
To champion in promoting and practising Islamic Values in all student activities; and
To provide a platform to students in discussing matters related to the student affairs with the CFS management;
To coordinate all central programmes of the STAD;
To discuss among all members in preparing almanac for the whole session;
To coordinate all MRCs, FRCs, all clubs and societies;
Students’ Coordination Committee
Student’ Coordination Committee (SCC) is a main student Committee in CFS IIUM under the supervision of Leadership Training Unit (LTU). Among the objective of the Students’ Coordination Committee are:
Societies and Clubs
Students are encourage to actively involve in a minimum of one society (department-based) and two clubs of their choice.
- Centre for Arts & Cultural Development (CiTRA)
- Red Crescent Club (RCC)
- Creative Multimedia Club (CMC)
- PERKIM Club
- Entrepreneur Club (ENTREC)
- Environment & Nature Club (ENC)
- Global Community Club (GCC)
|Academic Based Society (According to students programme)|
- Economic Student Society (ECONSS)
|Martial Arts, Sports & Recreation Club Open to all students)|
|Socio-Education Club (Open to all students)|
Martial Arts Club
Zaireen Zalinashila Bt Uyub
Senior Executive Officer
Riduwan Muhammad Nor
Senior Administrative Assistant
Mohd Shaim Zaffa Mohd. Paat
Monday – Friday 8.00 a.m.- 5.00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m. Friday 12.15 p.m – 2.45 p.m
For more information, please contact:
Leadership & Training Unit (LTU) General line at 09-570 4350