Clinical Specialist Training
Thank you for your kind interest in the Postgraduate Programmes available in the Kulliyyah of Medicine, IIUM.
The Clinical Specialist Training Programmes are:
- Master of Orthopaedic Surgery (M.Orth)
- Master of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (MOG)
- Master of Surgery (General Surgery)
- Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Family Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Anaesthesiology)
- Master of Medicine (Radiology)
- Master of Medicine (Psychiatry)
- Master of Surgery (Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck)
A typical clinical postgraduate programme will be a four (4) year full-time residency training programme, similar to what is currently being offered by the other major universities like University Kebangssan Malaysia (UKM), Universiti Malaya (UM) and University Sains Malaysia (USM). Graduates from these programmes will be recognised as Clinical Specialist in their own right by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC).
As part of their academic training, postgraduate students are also expected to participate in the teaching of the undergraduate students.
Postgraduate students are also required to participate in the research projects undertaken by the Kulliyyah; either as co-researchers, research officers (RO), or research assistants (RA). Students will be able to use the Kulliyyah research facilities as appropriate and are expected to write and publish research reports as approved by the Kulliyyah.
There are conditional offer for international candidates for the Clinical Specialist Training Programmes:
The Kulliyyah would like to recommend the applicant as a candidate for the Master program by Clinical Specialist Training (Full Time) subject to the pre-requisite criteria for the program listed as below:
- Sit for Examination for Provisional Registration (EPR) under the Malaysian Medical Council, if the University is not recognize by the Malaysian Medical Council (http://www.mmc.gov.my/)
- Candidate must have clinical experience of at least 1-2 years (not inclusive of housemanship).
- Sit and pass the entrance exam for the relevant program.
- Attend entrance interview after passing the entrance exam.
- Apply the MMC registration within 3 months of provisional acceptance into the program.
- Pre-Admission attachment for duration of three (3) months to six (6) months depending on the recommendation by the interview panel.
- English Language Proficiency:
Applicants are required to present a valid certificate for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) or the IIUM administered English Placement Test (EPT) with required minimum scores as shown below:
For those who do not have IELTS/TOEFL, they still can apply for the programme, whereby the university are providing the English Placement Test (EPT) in the Ta’aruf (Orientation) week.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
Please visit the Finance Division website for further detail on Postgraduate Tuition Fees and other relevant information at http://www.iium.edu.my/division/finance-division/postgraduate-tuition-fees
For further details, kindly contact:
Office of the Deputy Dean (Postgraduate)
Kulliyyah of Medicine
International Islamic University Malaysia
Bandar Indera Mahkota
25200 Kuantan Pahang Darul Makmur
Tel No : + 6 09-570 4410 (DL)
Fax No : + 6 09 571 6546