OFFICE OF THE CAMPUS DIRECTOR
Student Services Department is located at ground floor, One Stop Student Centre. The department has been established to as the support services to the IIUM Kuantan students. There are four sub-units under this department which are:
- Welfare and Financial Assistance Unit
- Sponsorship and Scholarship Unit
- Credited Co-curricular Unit
- General Office Administration
WELFARE AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UNIT
Liaison office between IIUM Kuantan and other internal and external agencies such as Student Affairs and Development Division (STADD) & IIUM Endowment Fund (IEF), IIUM Gombak Campus, Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Resam Melayu Pahang (MUIP), Etiqa Insurance, and others for:
- Khairat Financial Assistance
- Zakat Assistance
- Mahabbah Food Coupon Programme
- Student Employment on Campus (SEOC)
- SSD Foodbank
- Insurances Coverages and Claims
- Disability affairs
SPONSORSHIP AND SCHOLARSHIP UNIT
The Sponsorship and Scholarship Unit is responsible for the following:
- To assist on the sponsorship, scholarship, or any others by any financial institutions.
- Assist the financial institutions in providing updated information and records of the student
- Liaise with respective agencies, state foundations, private sectors and IIUM Finance Division in providing scholarship or any study loan for eligible IIUM Kuantan students
- Promoting and advertising the scholarship offered
- Providing certification letters for students related to the sponsorship.
CREDITED CO-CURRICULAR UNIT
The Credited Curricular Unit has introduced various modules and programmes for our students each semester. All courses and subjects are meant to develop student’s vision, personality and skills. The courses offered based on the number of students and structure by Gombak Campus.
The courses are divided into three main packages; namely:
• First Level Package (During Center for Foundation Studies / 1st year if direct intake students*)
• Second Level Package (1st Year of study)
• Third Level Package (2nd Year of study)
*For direct intake students, they are required to complete the courses until 3rd year of study accordingly)
GENERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure the filing and records keeping of the office
- Structure the strategic planning, website, information distribution and programs under the office
- Prepare and publish reports for internal and external relevant offices
- Coordinate / involvement in official events and programs by the university
To ensure all matters related to student welfare, financial assistance, scholarship and credited co-curricular courses are preserved and always committed in assisting them.
To establish a centre of managing student affairs and become the centre of reference to all matters related to functions of the department.
- To assist the students on their difficulties in terms on financial assistance and other related needs, as well as their welfare.
- To provide services for the students in terms of processing application for scholarships and matters related to their sponsorship
- A leading unit in contributing and nurturing well-rounded personalities through credited leadership and soft skills programmes for students as for their graduation requirements.
|Head of Department|
|MUHAMMAD FADHLULLAH BIN SHARUDDIN|
|CREDITED CO-CURRICULAR UNIT|
MUHAMMAD FAISAL BIN MD SAID
Assistant Administrative Officer
WELFARE & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UNITRAHMAH BT. OTHMAN
Senior Administrative Assistant
|SPONSORSHIP & SCHOLARSHIP UNIT|
MUNIRAH BT. OTHMAN
Senior Administrative Assistant
Services Offered to Students
1) Students’ Welfare and Financial Assistance
i) Zakat Assistance
To act as a liaison with Zakat Unit Gombak Campus or other Zakat institutions on any opportunities for students to apply, process and recommendation.
- Announcement on early new semester.
- Open for all needy students (fulltime).
- Can apply only once per semester.
- MUST have CGPA/results from last semester/block system.
ii) Khairat Financial Assistance
To assist students’ application for Khairat, which includes few processes such as application, shortlisting, interview, recommendation and approval. Types of Khairat Financial Assistance:
- General Khairat financial assistance
- Khairat Assistance due to death case
iii) B40 Students
Responsible for B40 student’s database in IIUM Kuantan campus. Students who fall under the B40 category (monthly household income below RM4,850.00) can register with our office for further financial assistance and benefits.
iv) Insurances Coverages and Claims
To liaise with Etiqa Insurance and Student Affairs and Development Division (STADD) from Gombak Campus on any matters related to insurance claim and coverage. Sample of the forms:
Insurance schemes provided:
1. Group Personal Accident (GPA) for IIUM local students cover as follows:
2. For international students, there are two coverage provided as follows:
- Group Hospital and Surgical (GHS)
- In-patient treatment
- Emergency & outpatient treatment
- Amount covered up to RM20,000.00 yearly
- Group Personal Accident (GPA / GTL)
Flyers for Etiqa Takaful:
v) Mahabbah Food Coupon Programme
To monitor the distributing coupons to all needy/B40 students
- Assist on the coupon distribution
- Each student can collect maximum of 20 coupons per month
- Available to redeem at any food outlet under the Food and Services Unit (FSU) in Kuantan campus and SKG Café (SASMEC) only.
- Food coupon can be collected from Student Services Department Office
To monitor and managing the reports received from the Food and Services Unit including the payment to the vendors.
vi) Student Employment On Campus (SEOC)
- Assisting needy/B40 students by offering working opportunities to for them and receive financial assistance to support their daily expenses.
- IIUM providing supports for students with financial difficulties to work for part-time basis.
- The project will be based on mutual cooperation with respective Kuliyyah, Centers, Divisions, Institutes, Offices and Mahallah (K/C/D/I/O/M) and the students will handle short term projects or initiatives by the university.
vii) SSD Foodbank
- Providing ready to eat food for B40/needy students in campus
- The Foodbank available in the SSD office for dried food such as biscuits, 3 in 1 drinks, cereals, bread and fresh fruits
- Provide the free lunch for B40/needy students in mahallah based on sponsorship received
2) Sponsorship and Scholarship
i) Liaison Office
To liaise with internal and external agencies that are providing supports and financial assistance to the students including updating the status and information of the students.
Main Internal stakeholders:
IIUM Endowment Fund (IEF)
Student Finance Unit, Finance Division
Main External Stakeholders:
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Majlis Ugama Islam Pahang (MUIP)
Yayasan Pelajaran Johor (YPJ)
Kerajaan Negeri Kedah
Kerajaan Negeri Selangor
Majlis Agama Islam dan Adat Melayu Terengganu (MAIDAM)
Majlis Agama Islam Dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan (MAIK)
Yayasan Pelajaran Sabah
Kerajaan Negeri Perak
Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman
ii) Sponsorship Certification Letter
Providing certification letter for students related to a sponsorship/scholarship. The request form can be downloaded here:
iii) Managing opportunities for students
Responsible office for receiving information and promoting the scholarship/sponsorship and Financial assistance offered by IIUM or other agencies.
3) Credited Co-curricular Unit
i) The Core Functions of the Unit
The Unit is working closely with the Student Affairs and Development Division (STADD) of IIUM Gombak Campus in the matter related to University Required Courses (UniCORE) for all Kulliyyahs in Kuantan Campus and to collaborate with the respective offices in providing the courses for the students.
ii) The function of the Credited Co-curricular Unit are as follows:
- To cultivate specific, identifiable skills that suits the needs and demands of the student.
- To offer course that is beneficial for the development of student's personality
- To give credits hours for the student's co-curricular activities.
- To provide a platform (training ground) for the students to continuously develop their leadership skills an talents.
- To equip students with basic training skills that are required for every individual Muslim i.e. the integration between Iman, 'Ilm and 'Amal.
iii) The process managed by the unit are as follows:
- Manage the courses offering for students (Registration)
- Recruitment & management of Lecturers / Trainers / Instructors / Facilitators (LTIF)
- Payment of honorarium for the LTIF
- Record keeping and reporting
- Further improvement and continuity of the courses
4) General Administration
- Ensure the filing and records keeping of the office are according to the university format.
- Structure the strategic planning, website, information distribution and programs under the office.
- Prepare and publish reports for internal and external relevant offices.
- Coordinate / involvement in official events and programs by the university.
Student Services Department (SSD).
One Stop Student Centre,
Office of the Campus Director,
IIUM Kuantan Campus,
Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Bandar Indera Mahkota,
25200 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur,
+609-570 4092 ( General Line )
+609-570 4079 ( Credited Co-curricular )
+609-570 4155 ( Welfare & Financial Assistance )
+609-570 4023 ( Scholarship & Sponsorship )
For general enquiries:
Please refer to Student Services Department (SSD) counter at One Stop Student Centre or directly email to the person in charge as follows:
email@example.com (Head of Department)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Credited Co-curricular)
email@example.com (Welfare & Financial Assistance)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Scholarship & Sponsorship)
|Online Form for OSC Booking Facilities|