NOTICE ON TEMPORARY ENTRY BAN ON FOREIGNERS FROM SEVERAL SOUTHERN AFRICAN COUNTRIES
Tarikh : 01 December 2021
Dilaporkan Oleh : NUR FAZIRA ALALUDDIN
Kategori : IIUM Community
TEMPORARY ENTRY BAN ON FOREIGNERS FROM SEVERAL SOUTHERN AFRICAN COUNTRIES
- The purpose of this bulletin is to provide an update regarding the announcement made by Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin on 26th November 2021 regarding several preventive steps and border control that will be implemented by the Malaysian Government.
- These preventive steps and border control will be enforced as precautionary measures due to the recently discovered B.1.1.529 strain of Covid-19 first detected in Southern Africa which has been categorised as "Variant Under Monitoring"
- Beginning 27th November 2021, the Malaysian Government will impose a temporary entry ban on foreigners (including International Students) who have a travel history within the last 14 days from several Southern African countries mentioned below:
- South Africa
- Other measures implemented by the Malaysian Government includes prohibiting Malaysians from visiting the Southern African countries mentioned above.
- Malaysians and foreigners with Permanent Residence (PR) status would be allowed to enter the country but will be subjected to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at designated stations regardless of their vaccination status. These individuals will not be allowed to undergo home quarantine.
Education Malaysia Global Services