INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON GENDER ISSUES IN WATER MANAGEMENT IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, 22-24 FEBRUARY 2022
Tarikh : 14 January 2022
Dilaporkan Oleh : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Kategori : Announcements
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
YBhg Datuk/Dato ’/Datin/Prof./Dr./Tuan/Puan,
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON GENDER ISSUES IN WATER MANAGEMENT IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, 22-24 FEBRUARY 2022 [VIRTUAL MODE]
With all due respect, we refer to the above.
2. We are pleased to inform, that the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) Malaysia has accepted the invitation to participate in the International Workshop on Gender Issues in Water Management in Developing Countries and Sustainable Development on 24-24 February 2022 jointly organized by the Center of Science and Technology of the Non -Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Center), JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research (JSS AHER), Mysuru, Karnataka, India and Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment (SCOPE), Amstelveen, the Netherlands.
3. For your information this workshop will be held virtually and discuss the following topics:
Water Use and Gender Issues:
1. Water resources and conflict with gender equality
2. Women empowerment
3. Access to sanitation
4. Changing the culture of neglect.
5. Waterborne diseases, sources and solutions.
6. Food production and water resource
New and Eco-friendly Technologies:
1. Improving drinking water quality
2. Improving water quality for irrigation
3. Low-cost water monitoring
4. Renewable energy-based water supply and irrigation
5. Regional and local water harvesting and water reuse
6. Point-of-use and point-of-entry water treatment
Awareness and Policy:
1. Water policies and regulations: Design and implementation challenges
2. Policy recommendations and Action Plan for the Governments
3. Public acceptance of new technologies for water
4. Capacity building
5. Working with industry and NGOs to influence policy makers
RELEVANT DOCUMENTS PERTAINING THIS WORKSHOP (please click on these links):
DEADLINE TO EMAIL no later than 5.00 pm, 14 January 2022 (Friday)
4. In relation to this matter, I am pleased to extend this invitation to the IIUM staff and researchers who are interested in participating in this program. Those who are interested must send the application form (as in Appendix 2), as well as relevant supporting documents (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 5.00 pm, 14 January 2022 (Friday), for the purpose of screening and verification by MOSTI as the Focal Point of NAM S&T Centre in Malaysia.
5. Your cooperation regarding this matter is greatly appreciated and is preceded by a word of thanks.
INVITATION FROM THE:
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI)
“Acculturating Itqan, Ikhlas and Excellence in Research & Innovation”
AN ANNOUNCEMENT BY
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE, IIUM