(DEADLINE, 21/9/2020) GRANT OPENING OF SATREPS: APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDER THE TECHNICAL COOPERATION IN THE FIELD OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF MALAYSIA AND THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2021 (SATREPS)
Tarikh : 18 September 2020
Dilaporkan Oleh : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Kategori : Announcements
OPENING OF APPLICATIONS FOR
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDER THE TECHNICAL COOPERATION IN THE FIELD OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF MALAYSIA AND THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2021 (SATREPS)
YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam, We respectfully refer to the above.
2. It is a pleasure to inform you that the Japanese Government has extended its invitation to the Malaysian Government to participate in the technical cooperation in the field of science and technology for the financial year 2021. The program aims at creating an international collaborative platform among developing countries to address global issues in the said field.
3. For your information, YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr., the Guidelines for this application and conditions are as follows:
3.1. The applicant is to use the form as per Japan's Technical Cooperation format as in Appendix A. The applicant is also requested to complete and submit the MOE Cost Proforma as shown in Appendix B. This Cost Proforma is a detailed provision provided by Malaysian researchers from the MOHE;
3.2 The application for this research project is limited to four (4) research areas/fields:
1. Environment / Energy
3. Disaster Prevention and Mitigation
4. Infectious Diseases Control
3.3 Academic staff (active) at the National Higher Education Institutions need to identify counterparts/collaborators in Japan. Japanese collaborators should also submit applications in the same field of cooperation to the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) under Japan's Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) in Tokyo. Collaborative partners for research proposals in the field of Infectious Diseases Control should submit an application to Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED);
3.4. The Project duration under SATREPS Technical Cooperation is three (3) to five (5) years;
3.5. More information about SATREPS (duration, provisions and other related information) is available by visiting the website :
3.6. The University is also being asked to conduct evaluations to identify potential projects before they are submitted to the trust. Evaluations at the university level should be submitted to the MOE Secretariat for record purposes;
3.7. Only completed applications submitted to the MOE through the Research Management Center will be approved for further evaluations; and
3.8. All applicants are required to present their applications in a presentation to be evaluated by the MOE Evaluation Committee. The presentation sessions are scheduled for 5
October 2020 (Monday) sehingga 8 October 2020 (Thursday). Further details of the presentation session requirements will be provided later.
4. Click here for the Application Forms and Relevant Documents:
- LAMPIRAN A: APPLICATION FORM
- LAMPIRAN B
- LAMPIRAN C
- LAMPIRAN D : MASTERLIST PERMOHONAN SATREPS 2021
- LAMPIRAN E : PRESENTATION FORMAT FOR SATREPS APPLICATION FY2021PRESENTATION FORMAT FOR SATREPS APPLICATION FY2021
5. Do take note that you are required to submit to the Research Management Centre for Evaluations on the 21 st of September 2020.
6. The RMC is required to send in the IIUM applications to the secretariat at MOHE by 25 September 2020 (Friday) before 12.00 pm:
Bahagian Kecemerlangan Penyelidikan IPT (BKPI)
Jabatan Pendidikan Tinggi
Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi
Aras 7, No.2, Menara 2, Jalan P5/6, Presint 5, 62200 Putrajaya
No. Tel.: 03-8870 6969 No. Faks : 03-8870 6867
7. Any queries may be emailed to:
Puan Rohida binti Kamis
03 – 8870 6979
Cik Nor Amira Farhana binti Ahmad Zailani
03 – 8870 6969 ext. 4584
The cooperation and attention of YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam on this matter is very much appreciated.
We look forward to receiving your innovative applications this year.
“Acculturating Itqan, Ikhlas and Excellence in Research & Innovation”
For further queries, please contact:
1.Aida Melly Tan Mutalib, Snr. Asst. Director, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ +603-6421 5011
2. Fuziah Ningah, Administrative Assistant, Email: email@example.com/ +603-6421 6199
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE
INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA