ISLAMIC ECONOMICS TRAINING CAMP 2019 (IETC 2019)
Start Date : 19 Aug 2019 End Date : 24 Aug 2019
Location : Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS), IIUM
Organizer : CIE in collaboration with IIIT
“Preparing the Next Generation of Islamic Economists”
The Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE), Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in collaboration with The International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) is pleased to announce its 2019 Islamic Economics Training Camp (IETC 2019) which will be held from 19 to 24 August.
- An intensive, residential program on Islamic Economics and related fields.
- Designed for post-graduate students (exceptional final year undergraduate students can also be considered) – regardless of their field of study – who have a strong interest in developing their knowledge and research skills in the area of Islamic economics and related fields.
- Provides foundational and practical discussions on Islamisation of Human Knowledge, development of Islamic Economics (and related fields), as well as the role of Islamic economic institutions and policies.
- A distinguishing feature of the program is that it combines academic scholarship and policy actions, including visits to relevant agencies and institutions.
- IETC 2019 will be held in the KENMS's building, IIUM where CIE's office is located, from 19 to 24 August 2019.There is no fee charged for this program; the organiser will also provide and arrange local hospitality (e.g. accommodation, food and local transportation) throughout the period of the program.
- IEEC 2019 participants (International and local) are responsible to arrange and bear the cost of their travel to IIUM for the training camp. Nevertheless, the organiser will reimburse travel costs up to a maximum of RM500 per international participant and RM200 per local participant. All claims should be supported by valid/original tickets/receipts.
- Eligibility: The prospective applicant must be currently enrolled as a post-graduate student (or exceptional final year undergraduate student) preferably at universities within Southeast Asia, although applicants from outside the region can also be considered depending on availability of seats.
- Interested applicants should fill out the application form (including a 250-word statement on why the applicant wants to participate in IETC 2019 and what he/she hopes to accomplish); and submit it with the latest resume/C.V. and academic transcript
- The application form can be found on CIE webpage at www.iium.edu.my/centre/cie; the completed form and the required documents above must be submitted on or before 14 July 2019.
- Successful applicants will be informed through e-mail within 7 days of the closing date.
- Participants of IETC2019 are expected to prepare themselves before coming to the program based on IETC Preparation Kit, which includes reading materials and case studies.
- Medium of instruction: IETC 2019 will be conducted in English and the participants are expected to have good command of the language and able to communicate and express their thoughts and opinion effectively.
- 24 June - Application for IETC 2019 is opened
- 14 July - Application for IETC 2019 is closed
- 22 July - Announcement of successful applicants
- 1 August - Prospective participants to receive IETC 2019 Preparation Kit
- 18 August - Participants arriving at IIUM
- 19 August - IETC 2019 starts
- 24 August - IETC 2019 ends; participants departing from IIUM
*APPLY FOR IETC 2019*
Islamic Economics Training Camp 2019
Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE)
Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS)
International Islamic University Malaysia
P.O. Box 10, 50728 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : +603-6196-4745
Fax : +603-6196-5986
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.iium.edu.my/centre/...