CENTRE FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
email@example.com - Admission unit for local student
firstname.lastname@example.org - for international student
email@example.com - Student Academic Development Unit
firstname.lastname@example.org - Examination and Graduation Unit
email@example.com - Student Affairs (Scholarship) Unit
firstname.lastname@example.org - VIVA-Voce Unit
email@example.com - Kuantan Campus
ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATION
- An applicant wishing to enter a graduate programme at the IIUM must submit an appropriate, completed application form with all the required supporting documents to the Centre for Postgraduate Studies (CPS) within the period of time stipulated by the CPS for a specific intake. (more...)
- All postgraduate applications shall be reviewed by the relevant department or kulliyyahs for recommendation
- The recommended application will be tabled at the Student Admission Committee (SAC) for the final decision on the applicant's admission
ISSUANCE OF OFFER LETTER
- A letter of acceptance (offer letter) and all relevant information will be sent to the successful candidate.
- Candidates may have an option to check their application status on the online application system
- If the candidate fails, within the specific period, to ENROLL or to REGISTER for the semester in which he was accepted, the offer will lapse unless he made a deferment.
TIME OF ENROLLMENT
- A candidate must enroll into the University before the commencement of classes in his first semester of study, within a period specifiec by CPS. Failure to enroll in the specific period may result in the withdrawal of the offer of admission by the University.
DEFERMENT OF ENROLLMENT
- A student who has been issued an offer of admission to pursue his postgraduate studies at the IIUM may apply to defer his enrollment for a maximum of one (1) academic year subject to approval from the Student Admission Committee (SAC)
- Should the SAC reject such an application, the student shall be required to enroll on the date originally set by the CPS. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of the offer of admission. Download
SOLE AGENT FOR CHINA STUDENTS
AI MA Education Services Sdn. Bhd
3-46,3rd Floor, PV128, Jalan Genting Kelang ,
Setapak 53300 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone No: 0182831888
1.1. Master’s Programmes
1.1.1. General Academic Qualifications
18.104.22.168. A relevant Bachelor’s degree (honours) from the IIUM or any other accredited institution of higher learning; or
22.214.171.124. Any other certificate that is recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (honours) or other relevant professional qualifications and experience that are recognized by the Senate of the University.
1.1.2. Specific Requirement
126.96.36.199. Obtained a CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field; or
188.8.131.52. Obtained a CGPA less than 2.75 but possesses relevant working experience in the field applied.
184.108.40.206 MINUTE 424.36
The applicants’ experience will be given due recognition by giving credit to the number of years to their non-formal and informal learning. The method of calculation and convergence is as follows:
a. 1 year of experience = 0.05 point
b. 10 years of experience = 0.5 point
1.1.3. Research Proposal
220.127.116.11. A suitable Research Proposal is required from ‘Master by Research only’ applicants.
1.2. PhD Programme
1.2.1. General Academic Requirement
18.104.22.168. A relevant Bachelor’s degree (as specified in Rules no. 1.1.1 - 1.1.2) and Master’s degree from the IIUM or any other accredited institution of higher learning; or
22.214.171.124. Any other certificate that is recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or other relevant professional qualifications and experience that are recognized by the Senate of the University.
1.2.2. Research Proposal
A suitable Research Proposal is required for Ph.D. applicants.
1.3. General Admission Requirements for Mature Applicants
1.3.1. He must have at least ten (10) years working experience in a relevant field of his postgraduate studies
1.3.2. Pass an interview by a panel from the respective Centre of Studies