CENTRE FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND SERVICES (CENSERVE)
Centre for Community Engagement and Services (CENSERVE)
International Islamic University Malaysia
Level 2, Rectory Building,
53100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. : (6)03-61964085 /4022
Fax : (6)03-61964039
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Foster family projects.
Attachment at Traditional Villagers or known as Baktisiswa is popular among students. Students are assigned to stay with their foster families to familiarize themselves with village life and understand community issues. In 2018 CENSERVE took an extended initiative by having the programme in Bukittinggi, Indonesia in collaboration with Universitas Andalas.
Among the objectives of this project are as follows:
- To create opportunities for students to explore experience living with the communities whom they are not familiar with.
- To encourage IIUM students to get involved in community engagement and understand community issues
- To strengthen the sense of social responsibility among IIUM students
Upon completing the project the following outcomes are materialized :
- Increase in knowledge and skills
- More enthusiastic to send their children to go to school
- Improve in community facilities
B. STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
- Strengthen the spirit of volunteerism to serve the community
- Learn and adopt positive values practiced by the community
- Able to develop various skills retrieved from the community
IIUM will be seen as an engaged university in the eyes of the community