Master in Construction Business Administration
Master in Construction Business Administration (MCBA) is a mixed-mode programme offered by the Department of Quantity Surveying. In order to qualify for the degree of MCBA, a candidate has to accumulate not less than 42 credit hours during the formal period of being a registered student, with a dissertation of 21 Cr. Hrs.
The programme outcomes of Master in Construction Business Administration are as follows:-
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge in the relevant field of construction business.
- Apply managerial, entrepreneurial, and practical skills in the relevant field of construction business.
- Integrate Islamic Principles and Socially Responsible manner in the evaluation of ideas and theories in the relevant field on construction business for the progress of the nation and the ummah.
- Demonstrate commitment to ethics, autonomy and professionalism in the workplace and everyday life
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with empathy through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Analyse issues and demonstrate skillfulness in planning, executing and evaluating strategies and action plans.
- Use the necessary learning skills in information management and apply effective strategies for lifelong self-improvement.
- Able to apply knowledge and skills in managing resources and in identifying opportunities and potentials for innovative ventures related to the construction industry.
- Integrate Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Values into the practices and procedure in construction business, built environment and others.
- Integration of Sustainable Development through knowledge and skills in the discipline of building service, asset and facilities management.
Job prospects for Master in Construction Business Administration graduates are such as lecturers, researchers, consultants, managers in building industry and other related professionals.
The total credit hour for Master in Construction Business Administration is 42. The required courses include:-
University Required Courses (6 Credit Hours)
MAED 7020: Research Methodology for the Built Environment
MAED 7030: Values, Ethics and Built Environment
Core Courses (15 Credit Hours)
MCBA 7120 Construction Procurement
MCBA 7140 Financial and Managerial Accounting for Construction Business
MCBA 7150 Construction Business Management
MCBA 7240 Whole Life Costing
MCBA 7250 Construction Contract Management
Research Courses (21 Credit Hours)
MCBA 7230 Dissertation 1
MCBA 7130 Dissertation 2
6. Duration of Study
The master program duration is as follows:-
1 ACADEMIC YEAR
(2 normal semester and 1 short semester)
2 ACADEMIC YEARS
4 normal semester and 1 short semester)
3 ACADEMIC YEARS
(6 normal semester and 1 short semester)
2 ACADEMIC YEARS
(4 normal semester and 1 short semester)
4 ACADEMIC YEARS
8 normal semester and 1 short semester)
5 ACADEMIC YEARS
(10 normal semester and 1 short semester)