CENTRE FOR LANGUAGES AND PRE-UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT
Congratulations and welcome to IIUM to all new intake students. Please feel free to go through our blog at IIUM Bridging and if you still need further assistance, do drop by our office at level 4, Left Wing, CELPAD.
Sr. Sheila Chakrabarty
-Sr. Noor Shafini Binti Mohamed
-Sr. Hasniah Abdullah
· All Direct Intake students are to be given language proficiency tests in English and Arabic
· “English Proficiency Test (EPT)”refers to the test administered by the Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD) of the university to determine the English proficiency of a student.
· “Arabic Placement Test (APT)” refers to the test administered by the Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD) of the university to determine the Arabic proficiency of a student
· Students may take bridging courses upon completion of level 4 in EPT
- All Bridging students must register for the relevant LE and/or LQ language proficiency courses every semester until they fulfill the language requirements of the programme
- Students are allowed to add courses during the add and drop period.
- Students are not allowed to drop or withdraw from language proficiency courses but for the bridging courses they may do so, provided they maintain the minimum workload upon approval of the respective kulliyyah.
- The withdrawal fee is RM150 per course (during the 5th -10th week) and RM 250 per course (11th -13th week).
Upon completing Level 4 of English proficiency course, students may attempt the QT for each course under the intended bridging programme except Graphic Communication and Introduction to Built Environment.
Students shall be exempted from the corresponding bridging courses if they achieve a grade point that is not lower than the entry requirements of the respective kulliyyah.
There will be one QT in a semester.
The qualifying test for each course may only be taken ONCE per the whole bridging programme.
Once a student has registered for a course he may no longer take the QT for the course.