INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (ISTAC-IIUM)
- To advance the cause of Islamic learning and research in the field of Islamic thought and civilisation and comparative civilizational studies.
- To provide a balanced study of Islamic thought and civilisation in relation to its past history, present condition, and future possibilities.
- To be an excellent centre of postgraduate studies that will produce MAs and PhDs specialising in various areas of Islamic thought and civilisation and comparative civilizational studies under the rigorous supervision of leading scholars in the field to cater to the ummah’s future needs for an enlightened intellectual and moral leadership.
- To provide excellent facilities and a conducive environment for the pursuit of academic excellence and scholarly achievements among both students, teachers and researchers of the Institute.
- To be an international hub of intellectual activities such as seminars, conferences, and forums that will help foster new ideas and critical thinking and disseminate knowledge for the general benefits of society.
- To be at the forefront of literary and research output that will prove to be especially beneficial to policy makers, stakeholders and the general public.