(Deadline: before or on 25 July 2022 ) ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE OPENING OF APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH GRANTS UNDER THE MALAYSIA-SPAIN INNOVATING PROGRAM (MySIP), INTERNATIONAL MATCHING RESEARCH FUND (MYPAIR) YEAR 2022
التاريخ : 28 April 2022
المحرر : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
الفئة : Announcements
Assalamualaikum wbt. & Selamat sejahtera.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE OPENING OF APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH GRANTS UNDER THE MALAYSIA-SPAIN INNOVATING PROGRAM (MySIP), INTERNATIONAL MATCHING RESEARCH FUND (MYPAIR) YEAR 2022
We refer to the above.
2. As YBhg. Dato ’/Prof./Dr./Tuan/Puan is aware of, Malaysia Partnerships and Alliances in Research (MyPAiR) is an initiative of the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) in strengthening Malaysian research through research collaboration locally and internationally. The research collaboration implemented under MyPAiR is a joint project implementation with colleagues from the industry and academic sectors locally and internationally. Research collaboration is achieved through the sharing of expertise, resources, equipment and infrastructure in the implementation of research activities.
3. Accordingly, we are pleased to inform you that the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) through the Department of Higher Education in collaboration with the Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT) and The Center for the Development of Industrial Technology, E.P.E. (CDTI) has agreed to implement the Malaysia-Spain Innovating Program (MySIP) Year 2022 under the MyPAiR initiative.
The opening of this application is specifically for the implementation of innovation project cooperation in the following areas:
a) Sustainable City Development (Pembangunan Bandar Lestari);
b) Knowledge-based Economy/k-Economy (Ekonomi berasaskan Pengetahuan);
c) Advanced Manufacturing and Materials (Pembuatan dan Bahan Termaju);
d) Health (Kesihatan);
e) Electrical & Electronics (Elektrikal & Elektronik);
f) Aerospace (Aeroangkasa); and
g) Smart Agriculture (Pertanian Pintar).
4. This program is a program to encourage and promote the development of market-driven research and technology as well as to encourage cooperation and research, development and innovation
(R & D & I) projects between entities from both countries through funding by matching from JPT, MIGHT and CDTI. The allocation for researchers from Public Universities (UA) is under JPT funding, the allocation of Malaysian industry partners is under MIGHT funding while the allocation for Spanish industry partners is under CDTI funding.
5. Project applications should be industry-based and market-oriented where the cooperation developed is based on joint technological cooperation between companies, research organizations, academics in Malaysia and industry partners (start-ups, SMEs and large companies) in Spain involving the development or improvement of important (substantial) to a product, process or service. Applications for this program must involve researchers from UA and the Malaysian industry as well as industry partners from Spain. Project members must meet the application requirements set out in the MYSIP Guidelines 2022.
6. The university is requested to take note of the following: 6.1. The application should be prepared jointly with a collaborator using the application template provided; 6.2. Applications must be certified by the Research Management Centre (RMC) and forwarded to the secretariat before or on 25 July 2022 (Monday) at 5.00 pm via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one (1) hard copy to the following address:
Bahagian Kecemerlangan Penyelidikan IPT Kementerian Pengajian TinggiAras 7, No. 2, Menara 2Jalan P5/6, Presint 562200 PUTRAJAYA(u.p.: Urusetia Dana Khas);
6.3. The same application must also be submitted by the Spanish Project Leader (PI) via the CDTI website; 6.4. Applicants are requested to complete and submit the MOHE Cost Proforma as in Annex 3. This Cost Proforma is a detail of the allocation applied for by Malaysian researchers from MOHE; 6.5. Applicants need to identify Malaysian and Spanish industry counterparts. The Ministry could not assist in identifying the partners. Proof of consent to cooperate must be attached to the application; 6.6. The Research Management Centre (RMC) must submit applications from their respective Institutions together. The entire list of applications (masterlist - Annex 4) must be submitted together; and 6.7. Internal evaluation of the Institution need not be carried out. Please click below to access the relevant documents:
- SRT KPD UA MAKLUMAN PEMBUKAAN PERMOHONAN GERAN PENYELIDIKAN DI BWH DANA PENYELIDIKAN PADANAN ANTARABANGSA (MYPAIR) (MySIP) TAHUN 2022
- MYSIP call 2022 Guideline
- ANNEX 2 MOHE Funding Guideline
- Annex 4 Masterlist Permohonan IPT
- Annex 3. MOHE Cost Proforma
- Bilateral Application Form MiGHT MOHE CDTI 2022
7. Any inquiries can be referred to the following officers:
Puan Dinesh Kaur a/p Karpal Singh
Cik Nor Amira Farhana Ahmad Zailani
03-8870 6969 samb. 4584
We look forward to your submission of innovative fund applications.
For other queries, please contact GIU, RMC:
Aida Melly bt Tan Mutalib, Senior Assistant Director, 03-6421 5011, email@example.com
Fuziah bt Ningah, Administrative Assistant, 03-6421 6199, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Ts. Dr Hazleen Anuar, Deputy Director, 03-6421 5006, email@example.com
“Acculturating Itqan, Ikhlas and Excellence in Research & Innovation”
AN ANNOUNCEMENT BY
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE
INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA