DEADLINE: 17 September 2021, Call for Proposals: Connect2Recover Research Competition - Deadline extended
التاريخ : 07 September 2021
المحرر : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
الفئة : Announcements
YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam,
May this email reach you in the best of health and Iman by the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.
We are pleased to inform our respected researchers that fifteen research grants, of USD 42,000 each, will be awarded to winning research teams selected by a jury appointed by ITU. Winners will receive initial support from ITU to engage with governments and regulators to gather information and data for their research.
The competition aims to:
- Improve research focus on digital resiliency and digital inclusion to build back better with broadband for pandemic recovery;
- Build a global research community of think tanks and academic institutions around digital inclusion; and
- Promote knowledge sharing that informs targeted practices to build back better with broadband.
The deadline to submit the research proposals has been extended to 17 September 2021 at 5:00 PM CET, and the winners will be announced one month later. The winners will have six months to submit the research papers.
This competition is open to Academia, including early career researchers and think tanks. Individual experts who are affiliated with academic institutions may also apply. Submissions must clearly elaborate and demonstrate at least one of the following:
- How to carry out studies that can assess the resiliency for digital infrastructure taking into account relevant data sources and formulate forward-looking, actionable policy measures leading to positive outcomes in education, healthcare, or job creation by fostering digital inclusion as the country enters the COVID-19 recovery period?
- How to build back better with broadband along with digital inclusion during the COVID-19 recovery efforts resulting in meaningful connectivity?
- Develop key recommendations on aspects of resilient digital infrastructure supporting education, health, or job creation in the targeted context.
Detailed information about the competition is available on the webpage. For further inquiries about the competition or the submission process, please direct your queries to Connect2Recover@itu.int or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you. Wassalam.
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE