THE OPENING OF THE MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION MALAYSIA RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION 2022 PHASE 1 (PRGS & FRGS)
Date : 23 December 2021
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
Assalamualaikum wbt and Salam Sejahtera.
YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr.,
WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU OF THE OPENING OF THE MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION MALAYSIA RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION 2022 PHASE 1 (PRGS & FRGS):
THE SCHEDULE OF THE GRANT OPENING IS AS FOLLOWS:
*THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSION OF DEADLINES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST GUIDELINES:
|NO||GRANT TYPE||MAXIMUM AMOUNT (RM)||DURATION|
|1||Prototype Development Research Grant Scheme (PRGS)
Please click here for more details:
1. PRGS GUIDELINE 2022
|500,000||Not exceeding two (2) years|
|2||Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)
Please click here for more details:
2. FRGS GUIDELINE 2022
|250,000||Not exceeding three (3) years|
IMPORTANT DOCUMENT FOR REFERENCE:
FOR FURTHER GUIDELINES RESEARCHERS MAY REFER TO THESE RELEVANT VIDEOS TO WATCH BEFORE FORMULATING A WINNING RESEARCH PROPOSAL:
1. WORKSHOP ON PATENT SEARCH USING LENS.ORG
2. THE FRGS SERIES TALK 2: ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND AND RESPOND TO THE ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
3. THE FRGS SERIES TALK 1: WRITING A WINNING PROPOSAL
4. WORKSHOP ON WRITING WINNING PROPOSALS FOR THE PROTOTYPE RESEARCH GRANTS SCHEME (PRGS) 2021
5. WORKSHOP ON WRITING WINNING PROPOSALS FOR THE FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH GRANTS SCHEME (FRGS) 2021 BY EXPERT SPEAKER
6. Ethical & Responsible Management of Grants
IIUM Researchers are invited to apply using the MyGRANTS system via the https://mygrants.gov.my link starting 20 December 2021.
All applications must be in accordance with the guidelines and criteria as stated in the official Garis Panduan (Pindaan Tahun 2022 ) dan Dokumen Tadbir Urus Dana Penyelidikan KPT. The Guidelines/Garis Panduan (Pindaan Tahun 2022 is attached in this announcement and can be also be accessed through the MyGRANTS.)
1. The opening of FRGS and PRGS Phase 1 of 2022 is based on the following seven (7) research domains:
1. Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
2. Technology and Engineering (TK);
3. Pure and Applied Science (STG);
4. Health and Clinical Sciences (SKK);
5. Social Science (SS);
6. Art and Humanities (SSI); and
7. Natural and Cultural Heritage (WAB)
1.Applications for research grants are open to all researchers who meet the requirements and criteria as per the GUIDELINES (2022) which is accessible at the MyGRANTS System;
2. The Project Leader must have completed and completed the Progress and End of Project Reports for their projects approved in the previous phases in the MyGRANTS Monitoring Module;
3. Researchers are only allowed to submit one (1) application as Project Leader for FRGS or PRGS; and
Researchers need to update and complete their Profiles (which includes Personal Information, Projects, Publications, Intellectual Property (IP), Supervision, Teaching, Consultation and Community Service) and must be VERIFIED by RMC in MyGRANTS. The Ministry reserves the right to reject the application if the information is not updated or incomplete.
1. NEW RESEARCHERS, Registering at MyGRANTS System: For those of you who have not yet registered their details in the MyGrants system, please do so at: http://mygrants.gov.my/main.php
2. CURRENT RESEARCHERS, Updating profiles at MyGRANTS System: Researchers who have updated their profiles in the MyGrants System. Should you update your profile at MyGRANTS and if it turns pink in the system, please contact the office at the RMC to reverify you.
*Please be informed that using Mozilla Firefox or Safari and any Apple devices may limit your access to the MyGRANTS System and hinder your submission to the system.
IMPORTANT: For the Financial Budget of PRGS & FRGS, please take note:
5.2 USAGE OF FUNDS
FRGS AND PRGS RESEARCH GRANTS
5.2.1 Researchers are not allowed to use the funds allocated to make purchases that are not directly related to the research project. Unauthorized purchases are like following: -
220.127.116.11 Payment of any form of the body membership fee professional / professional body and the like;
18.104.22.168 Purchase of reference materials and the like;
22.214.171.124 Purchase of ICT and communication equipment (such as telephone mobile/laptop / printer/cartridge and such);
126.96.36.199 Payment of utility/telecommunications bills;
188.8.131.52 Purchase of office equipment (such as stationery/paper/table/chair and the like);
184.108.40.206 Purchase of storage equipment (such as external hard disk / pendrive / CD and the like);
220.127.116.11 Payment of space/facility rent at the respective Institution;
18.104.22.168 Payment of intellectual property filings and the like; (* for PRGS, this is permissible)
22.214.171.124 Other purchases not directly related to research projects.
5.2.2 The use of grant allocation for management/administration charges is not allowed.
PRGS RESEARCH GRANTS
Researchers are not allowed to use the funds allocated to make purchases that are not directly related to the research projects. Unauthorized purchases are like following:
(a) Produce a business plan;
(b) Market survey;
(c) Product exhibition and promotion);
(d) Travel to attend any conference / seminar / colloquium (conference / seminar / colloquium).
Vote 21000 - TRAVELLING AND TRANSPORTATION
FOR OVERSEAS TRAVELLING: You are only allowed to go Overseas travelling in the 2nd and 3rd Year Only.
No Overseas travelling in the first year is allowed.
We look forward to your innovative research proposals and we wish you all the best in your research endeavours.
For queries on grant applications, please contact the MOHE GRANTS Secretariat:
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT, RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE (GOMBAK)
|MyLAB, LRGS, TRGS, PRGS & FRGS||1. AIDA MELLY BT. TAN MUTALIB, SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR||1. firstname.lastname@example.org, 03-6421 5011 or 012-6347277 (messaging is preferred)|
|2. FUZIAH BT NINGAH, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT||2. email@example.com, 03-6421 6199|
|3. PROFESSOR TS. DR. HAZLEEN ANUAR, DEPUTY DIRECTOR||3. firstname.lastname@example.org, 03-6421 5006|