THE OPENING OF MOHE'S FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH GRANT SCHEME (FRGS)
Date : 10 February 2023
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
OPENING OF FRGS APPLICATION YEAR 2023
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
May this email reach you in the best of health and Iman by the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.
We are pleased to announce the awaited opening of FRGS for Year 2023. Below is the timeline to submit FRGS in MyGRANTS for your reference.
FRGS SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL SCHEDULE
THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSION OF DEADLINES
FRGS GUIDELINES (AMENDMENT YEAR 2022)-Click HERE
This research aims to boost the generation of new Malaysian-style theories, concepts and ideas that are the catalyst for new discoveries that break through the boundaries of knowledge and innovative creation
- The research must be research that can produce a new idea/theory/concept/method/model/process; and
- Research that can improve an existing policy, methodology and solution model; or
- Research that includes humanitarian and social issues for the purpose of increasing the value of life in the country and globally; or
- Research that has the potential to contribute to the country's strategic agenda
Each application must meet one of the following research domains:-
- Pure and Applied Science
- Technology and Engineering
- Clinical and Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Arts and Applied Arts
- Natural and Cultural Heritage
- Information and Communication Technology
Terms of Application
- Applications as Principal Investigators (PIs) are open to full-time academic staff (Professors, Associate Professors, Senior Lecturers and Lecturers) at Public Universities, Private Universities, Private University Colleges and Branch Universities and have at least a Master's Degree;
- The Principal Investigator (PI) must have at least one (1) co-researcher who is a permanent Malaysian citizen who has the same expertise and from the same Institution as the Next Appointed Leader.
- The Chief Researcher who is not a Malaysian citizen is allowed to apply on the condition that he must have a co-researcher who is a permanent Malaysian citizen in the same field of expertise and from the same Institution as the Next Appointed Leader.
- Research officers (university appointment and permanent status) or post-doctoral officers from Public or Private Universities, research officers from Research Institutions (RI) and lecturers from the Malaysian Institute of Teacher Education (IPGM) and the Department of Polytechnic and Community College Education (JPPKK) are only allowed be a co-investigator.
Online application available in MyGRANTS from 15 February 2023: http://mygrants.gov.my/main.php
CLICK the following icon in the MyGRANTS page:
The maximum amount of funds for FRGS is RM250,000.00
The research period is two (2) years or three (3) years only
For any inquiries, please email to email@example.com
We wish you the best in your application.
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE