DEADLINE: 8 October 2021, 16.00 UK time, CALL ON RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT LINKS GRANTS
Date : 24 September 2021
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
Dear YBhg. Datuk, Dato’,Prof.,Ir.,Ts.,Dr.,Sir,Madam,
We are pleased to announce the call on Research Environment Links grants. The British Council invites proposals for the establishment of Research Environment Links (REL) between universities and research and innovation institutes in partner countries and the UK.
About Research Environment Links
Research Environment Links grants provide financial support for capacity-strengthening and collaboration activities to develop and sustain medium to long-term relationships proposed by applicant institutions in partner countries and the UK.
All collaborations funded will establish new research environment links - or significantly develop existing links - between research groups, departments, or institutions with the potential for longer-term sustainability.
The key aim of each collaboration will be to support capacity strengthening in the partner institution in either Egypt, Malaysia, Morocco, Thailand, or Turkey as well as to stimulate longer-term interactions between the partner country and the UK.
1. Support dialogue and knowledge exchange on academic standards, research governance, and strategic research policy development.
2. Help promote an academic and research environment between partner countries and the UK, conducive to achieving maximum impact from high-quality research.
3. Build opportunities for the universities and institutions in the UK and partner countries to engage with the wider community and with policymakers.
4. Enable researchers to be more responsive to development needs in their countries and enable up-to-date research evidence to support policy decisions.
5. Support skills development to communicate and translate research into benefits for social welfare and economic growth.
6. Amplify researchers’ ability to conduct excellent research in areas most relevant to national priorities and fully realize its impact.
About this funding call
Proposals are designed by the Lead Applicant in the partner country with the support of a UK partner organization.
Research Environment Links can be funded in any discipline or cross-discipline, and there are no limits in terms of the type of activities that can be delivered as long as they respond to country needs. Please see the guidelines for the applicant's document in the downloads section for further details.
Size of grant: Up to £50,000
Duration of the grant: Up to 12 months
ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information)
Each proposal must have one Lead Applicant from the partner country and one Lead Applicant from the UK submitting one joint application.
All Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers as defined by the European Commission - please refer here to this European Framework for Research Careers document on the Euraxess website.
How to apply
Download and read fully the guidelines document from the downloads section.
Complete the Research Environment Links online application form.
If you experience issues downloading the documentation, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email UK-REL@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy.
Please refer to the guidelines document available from the downloads section below.
- Research Environment Links 2021 Application Guidelines Version 1.1(Adobe PDF 331KB)
- Budget sheet(Microsoft Excel 35KB)
- Application form template(Adobe PDF 217KB)
- Grant agreement template(Adobe PDF 233KB)
- Gender equality statements guidance for applicants(Adobe PDF 715KB)
- Eligible UK research organisations(Adobe PDF 60KB)
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to the Research Environment Links email address:
We look forward to receiving your applications and we wish you all the best! Please notify RMC if you submit the application at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You. Wassalam.
Grant Initiative Unit, RMC IIUM