DEADLINE: 30 NOV 2021, ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE OPENING OF THE HARUN M.HASHIM RESEARCH GRANT (HAREG) 2021
Date : 09 November 2021
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
HARUN M. HASHIM RESEARCH GRANT (HAREG) 2021
Harmonisation of Shariah and Law
Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
We are pleased to announce the opening of the Harun M. Hashim Research Grant (HAREG) 2021. Below are specific terms for HAREG 2021 over and above the attached guideline provided for HAREG.
The objectives of the Harun M. Hashim Research Grant (HAREG) are to supplement the existing grants offered by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and Research Management Centre (RMC) and to help AIKOL researchers in identifying and administering research that is of particular interest to the Kulliyyah.
i) All project proposals should have a clear statement of the problem to be solved;
ii) The research is fundamental in nature;
iii) The research is aligned to the niche area of AIKOL i.e. Harmonisation of Shariah and Law;
iv) The intended impact of the research is clearly stated;
v) The budget is appropriate and meets the objectives of the grant.
i) Open to all AIKOL academic staff who are currently NOT Principal Investigators
ii) Priority is given to those who never had the opportunity to be a Principal Investigator (PI)
iii) A minimum of one (1) co-researcher is required;
iv) The applicant is not on study leave or secondment.
v) Proposals associated with the IIUM Flagships may also be submitted provided they are research-based;
DURATION OF THE GRANT
The duration of the grant is 12 months.
1. Amount of the grant is RM5,000 for each grant.
2. The main allowed expenditure for the grant is for research assistants.
REQUIRED OUTPUT OF RESEARCH
1. The Required output is 1 (one) indexed journal (or the Senate's approved journal) AND 1 (one) newspaper publication. Attached is the Senate's approved journal. (The list of the Senate's approved journal is derived from proposals received from all AIKOL members in June-July 2019).
2. Researchers shall acknowledge this grant as a source of funding and include the names and affiliations of all fellow research collaborators in any publication or publicity (except for the publication in the newspaper).
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. Interested researchers are kindly invited to apply for this grant by completing the application in the RMC online application system (RMSV2) from 10 NOV 2021 - 30 NOV 2021.
2. All decisions by the relevant bodies are final.
We look forward to receiving your applications and we wish you all the best!
Thank you. Wassalam.
RAJA NUR SABRINA BT RAJA AHMAD SHAH
Grant Initiative Unit, Research Management Centre
International Islamic University Malaysia