COOPERATION OF RESEARCH PROJECT APPLICATION BETWEEN MALAYSIA AND THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA IN THE FIELD OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
Date : 10 December 2021
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
Assalamualaikum wrt. wbt. and Salam Sejahtera,
Dear Respected IIUM Researchers,
YBhg. Datuk Seri/Dato ’Seri/Datuk/Dato’/Datin/Prof./Ir./Dr./Tuan/Puan,
RMC ANNOUNCEMENT: COOPERATION OF RESEARCH PROJECT APPLICATION BETWEEN MALAYSIA AND THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA IN THE FIELD OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
With all due respect, we refer to the above.
2. Please be informed that, in accordance with the Agreement on Cooperation in Science and Technology between Malaysia and the People's Republic of China signed in 2013, both countries has agreed to foster cooperation in research at the international level among researchers in both countries. This program provides an opportunity for Agencies/Departments/research institutions in Malaysia to enhance their technical expertise and provide equitable benefits to both parties.
3. Accordingly, the proposed field of cooperation is centered on key national policies without compromising the interests of the country and the people, especially involving cooperation in science, technology and innovation in parallel with the field under Science, Technology, Innovation and Economy (STIE). The areas of cooperation under this program are subject to the agreement of both countries and will be updated from time to time, based on the interests of both countries.
4. Furthermore, the ministry welcomes STI Agencies, Departments, and Research Institutions in Malaysia to review the Project Application Guidelines as in Appendix 1 and submit Appendix A and Appendix B (Appendix B is located at the bottom of Appendix 1) and during the application period from 29 November 2021 to 21 January 2022.
1. Project leaders for Malaysia and China are responsible for submitting applications through agencies in their respective countries. On behalf of China, inquiries related to this program can contact the China Science and Technology Exchange Center as follows:
2. The application date is 29 November 2021 to 21 January 2022
3. The applicant must submit the Project Proposal (Appendix A) via email to:
Main Secretariat of the Malaysia - China Cooperation Project
Tel. No. : 03-8885 8168 or 03-8885 8546
4. If the applicant wishes to apply for the Fund under MOSTI, a separate application must be submitted in accordance with the procedure set by the Fund Division, MOSTI. More information can be found on the website https://edana.mosti.gov.my/
We look forward to your innovative submissions.
“Acculturating Itqan, Ikhlas and Excellence in Research & Innovation”
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE, IIUM